<center>Beat LA!</center>

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Radio

I love listening to games on the radio. Wait, make that Giants games on the radio. Jon Miller and Dave Flemming just do it so well, how can you not appreciate them? Miller's an old hand at broadcasting, and he has a lot of stories, just like the equally good combo Kruk & Kuip, while Flemming brings a lot of good things to the table himself. Like I said, I like Kruk & Kuip, and I listen to their segment on the radio pregame show daily (which is actually very interesting; check it out during the season), but I just can't really find the radio magic in TV. Anyhow, I don't have FSN, and Jon Miller and Mike Krukow do the KTVU games, so most of the games I hear them call are on the video game MVP Baseball, which I don't even have. Now that's really unfortunate.
Baseball in its essence is a pastoral game, slow, regular, perfect for the radio, unlike, say, basketball. So, with the radio, you have enough time to tell stories and call the game, with nothing lost either way. I think that on the radio, you actually get a better description of the game than with TV, because whereas on TV, pitches can go by without (seemingly) any notice from the broadcasters, radio broadcasters have to give a thorough description of every pitch. This is especially good for people like me, who couldn't tell a fastball from a curve for their life. Viva baseball on the radio!

The answer to yesterday's equation: -2.84106181 (approximately)

No comments:

Counter

Visitor Counter by Digits