<center>Beat LA!</center>

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Adam Cowart

Cowart was the best 35th round pick the Giants could have possibly made in last year's draft. The stats don't lie: 10-1, 1.08 ERA, 0.71 WHIP. His complete dominance was probably the reason the Volcanoes won the Northwest League title last year. The closest comparison I can think of is a Juan Marichal in a league full of Damian Mosses. I wonder why he didn't get the call up to San Jose and he's not the non-roster invitee to spring training, when he's done far more than Tim Lincecum. I hope it's not a fluke—the big promotion he's sure to get this year may tell us if it is. If not, he could be really, really good. As Casey Stengel may have once said about Billy Martin (I don't remember whether it was him), "I don't care if he did it in Timbuktu, he's a real ballplayer."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cowart is the real deal. I watched him pitch in college. It is only a matter of time before you see him in the bigs.

Anonymous said...

I forgot something. Why is he a starter in the minors? It is stupid, he will be used in relief in the bigs. Why not develop him as a relief pitcher. Makes no sense. The Giants will let him slip away to another team.

Counter

Visitor Counter by Digits