<center>Beat LA!</center>

Friday, February 2, 2007

Apprehensiveness

Will the Giants ever win the World Series? Will Felipe Alou ever get the HoF status he deserves? Will I ever kick my Giants addiction, get out of this leather armchair, and start doing something with my life? I'm apprehensive.

The thing I'm really apprehensive about is the first one. The Giants are the only team that was the product of expansion that has not won a WS in their current city: that's 1 out of 16. Only the Indians and Cubs have gone longer, and they both have cute little curses: Rocky Colavito and Billy Goat, respectively. The Giants are the quintessential 2nd place team: they'll make you into such optimists that you feel compelled to tear your heart out when they just come up short (2002). They are so 2nd place they don't even have a curse—they always bring it upon themselves somehow. What can I do about that, though?

2 comments:

Johann G. Schmidt said...

I believe it is "apprehension," not "apprehensiveness."

El Person said...

Apprehensiveness is superlative. Apprehension is comparative. I made up the last two sentences.

Counter

Visitor Counter by Digits